The Organization of Women in International Trade - Phoenix
To provide a supportive and collaborative forum to expand knowledge of global trade issues and to advance the role of women in international trade through networking.
To become the preeminent international trade organization in Phoenix distinguished by the quality of our programs and the enthusiasm and professionalism of our members and supporters.
About the Scholarship:
The OWIT-Phoenix scholarship program is designed to provide financial assistance to further educational objectives of women who are interested in international development, international relations, international trade, international economics, or international business.
One scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to be awarded for use for tuition, books, or study abroad opportunities. In addition, all eligible applicants will receive a one-year free student membership and may attend free of charge any and all OWIT-Phoenix events.
Awards will be based on:
Application, essay, transcripts, current enrollment verification, and letters of recommendation must be received no later than 1 October 2013 by 5:00 pm
Winner will be notified by 1 November, 2013 and scholarship will be awarded at OWIT-Phoenix’s 2013 Holiday Networking Event.
1. OWIT-PHOENIX is not responsible for late, lost, spam-filtered, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
2. OWIT-PHOENIX takes a strong position against plagiarism (the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one’s own original work). OWIT-PHOENIX reserves the right to immediately disqualify any entry suspected of containing plagiarized material.
3. All essays submitted to OWIT-PHOENIX shall become the sole and exclusive property of OWIT-PHOENIX and OWIT-PHOENIX shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make these materials available to the applicant or any other. Submission of an essay will be construed as the applicant granting OWIT-PHOENIX permission to use, reproduce, edit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish or otherwise make use of essays submitted in any and all media for any purpose.
4. OWIT-PHOENIX reserves the right to reject any essay without assigning any reason thereof. Any decision taken to this effect shall be final and binding and not subject to any dispute or challenge.
5. OWIT-PHOENIX shall be entitled to use, in any manner, the name, photographs and other personal details (exclusive of street address, email address and phone number) for publicity purposes. By submitting an essay all applicants are deemed to have consented to the use of this information by OWIT-PHOENIX in all media and agree to cooperate with OWIT-PHOENIX in developing publicity and promotional materials.
6. Submission of an essay shall be construed as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stipulated herein. Any breach or default by applicant of any of the Terms and Conditions herein shall result in immediate disqualification without notice.